Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Front Page - Collage Art Mystery

Collage is often looked down in the art world - all you're doing is cutting stuff out and gluing it down, right? Anyone can do that. Not so! Great collage art must have perfect balance and proportion, which is a deliberate special talent. When collage tells a story it become something truly unique, as the below artists demonstrate.

Artist Susan Scott has perfected a clean and rich style in her shop Sushi Pot. This is an example of her series of briocolage - which she defines as a construction or creation from a diverse range of available things. If this inspires you to collage yourself, check out her supplies shop to over at Sushi Pot Parts.

This sureal and spontanius collage is one of my favorites from livingferal. There is something totally unique an haunting about the work you find in this shop.

I love the paring of this pensive bird in a party hat with the vintage text. All the collages in Queen Be's shop have whimsical parings and loads of personality.

If you can't tell already, I'm starting a new weekly feature here at Made Right Guide. The Friday Front Page will feature handmade sellers who making great and inspiring products. If you'd like to get featured, please contact me. I'd love to see whacha got.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful posting, great idea to feature different sellers and art forms, and what a thoughtful thing to do by including my collage! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I also discovered some new great shops, as well! Thanks again. Carol (Queen Be)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I just adore QueenBe's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic finds! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collection. Love the birdies, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, so nice to see Carol featured here. you have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete