Thursday, January 21, 2010

Vintage Valentine Restoration with Free Card Download


Over the past few years I've been collecting vintage cards just for the pleasure of having them too look at. From time to time I take them out of their box and just leaf through them, admiring the illustrations and enjoying the messages written on them. 

I've always wanted to do something with them, but what? I couldn't bare to cut them up for collage or paste them onto anything. I finally had the brainstorm of digitally restoring them and reusing them just as they were intended - as cards. 

You can see here how just a little digital retouching and color brightening can give an old treasure new life. 

If you'd like to give this card to your sweet-heart you can download it here.


Happy (early) Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment