Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tutorial - Print Your Own Gift Bags with Free Clip Art

I have very fond memories of opening my lunch bag in the cafeteria and devouring it's contents, so couldn’t resist a huge package of paper lunch bags when I saw them on sale. They sat in a drawer for a bit before I came up with this use for them. I needed something to put some 'thank you' gifts in so I whiped up some clip art and made these. I made a bunch and keep them on hand for giving to guest and customers with goodies inside.


Supplies:
•brown paper lunch bags
•iron
•Microsoft Word or other printing program (Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
•printer
•Thanks You clip art (click the below to download)
 












How To Do It:
1-    Open a new document in Word.
2-    Go to File > Page Set-up set the page dimensions to the size of your bag. Mine is 5.13” x 10.75.” 



3-    Go to Format > Document and set all margins to .25.”

      4-    Save your file!
5-    Insert your clip art. Go to Insert > Picture > From File… and browse to your clip art file.
6-    Position the clip art a few inches from the top. Not too far down – you don’t want it to print over the folded bottom of the bag.

7-    Do not skip this step, this is they key to getting your printer to feed the bags through: iron your paper bags flat with a dry hot iron.
8-    Place bag in printer tray seam side up, top going in first.
9-  Print your bags. Depending on your printer you can adjust your paper type to “heavy” and play around with other settings that will help your printed feed the bag through. I found my printer could handle three bags at a time, but any more was too much for it. Try doing just one at first and then add a few more.


No comments:

Post a Comment